Last minute nerves

Well, the big glitzy award ceremony is tomorrow evening. The mystery shopper reports will be in. The decision has been made. To everyone who has sent good luck messages since the shortlist was announced, our sincere thanks - we'll find out Tuesday night. Several people have popped in over the last few weeks to say that they will be there as well (I'm amazed at how many people in 'the biz' live in or around Abingdon!). If you are going, we'll be very easy to spot: the couple sitting at the table fidgeting with our hire outfits, looking ashen faced, and desperately trying not to barf up the prawn cocktail. Yep, we're a bit nervous... We've been in the papers a bit over the last couple of weeks - and I did a radio interview today on Jack FM (pop pickers). Ah, the corrosive nature of celebrity. Luckily it's bookgroup on Thursday which will allow the purifying power of books to purge me of my oversized head (I can't work out what's sadder, having to have my head deflated, or having it inflated from being on Jack FM...) Anyway, good luck to all the other people waiting on a nibbie nomination tomorrow night...

6 comments:

  1. I'm routing for you! It's a huge prize in itself to be there in all your bling, so many congratulations. Try and enjoy it. Take lots of pics, please.

    Love Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the motion for pictures! Best of luck for tonight - I'm sure your mystery shopper scores will be great - and I hope you have a fab time either way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. erm... OK, so I meant tomorrow! (But if you're up to anything exciting tonight then good luck for that too!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on winning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:09 am

    WOW! Huge congratulations - that's such brilliant news that you won - not that it wasn't richly deserved. Hope you had a fab evening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Steffan - you beat me to it! We won! Blog post to follow...

    ReplyDelete