Festive fun

This evening Abingdon switched on its Christmas lights, with some fantastic new eco-friendly lights in the market square taking centre stage. The Abingdon Blogger has already got his early report up. As it was a Victorian Evening theme, he makes the comment that "Dick Van Dyke could walk around unnoticed" and I can only say...guilty m'lud. It's amazing what a bit of boot polish and a flat cap can do... Anyway, outside the shop the parade came past, including stilt-walkers... ...and of course Father Christmas himself: Inside the shop it was bustling - due in part (no doubt) to our free hot punch and Christmas biscuits, which went down a storm on what was a particular chilly evening. The Mayor and his entourage took advantage when they popped in:
Alex and Timothy enjoyed their first Abingdon Extravaganza - and the whole evening seemed to go extremely well. Now I just need to go and wipe that polish off my face...

6 comments:

  1. And the photo of you is where, Mr Van Dyke?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I was hoping that my face would have appeared over on the Abingdon Blog - as I forgot to get a picture of myself (which, obviously, is unusual for me!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mark, I have the picture of you. There were just too many pictures to include in 1 post. I'll see how it looks when its been through the 'process' i.e cropped and shrunk and, if too dull, colour enhanced. In any case I'll send you a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely don't colour-enhance it. I was supposed to be a vitamin-deprived, chimney sweep (possibly with rickets) working in an environment where 'there's hardly no day, and there's hardly no night'. The paler the better...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, do you want to follow my book blog?

    Be one of the first.

    Anyone can...

    At my blog we discuss books (teenage fiction) that we've read and recommend them to each other.

    Thanks.

    The link is:
    http://pizzasbookdiscussion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete